The following guest post was submitted by Steve H.
Having recently read Mats Lewan’ second edition of “An Impossible Invention”, and a regular visitor to this excellent web-page – I have considered a hypothesis that you may want to post for consideration and comment. Although I can not prove any of these ideas – I have had some success previously, with abstract thoughts on technology and their application to industry. My college qualifications are in engineering and I have worked in the energy industry for more than 30 years.
- Hypothesis that a Hydrogen Proton is disc shaped, not spherical and that the Coulomb Barrier of the Nickel nucleus has slotted openings.
- The hypothesis is based on looking at Nature, in respect to platelets in blood and the shape of Galaxies etc. As far as I understand it – Science does not have the instruments available, to actually see a proton.
- It would explain why it is very difficult to get the proton to permeate the nucleus, even when there is an excited state created in the free Hydrogen Protons outside the nucleus.
- There is an electro-static charge which repels and a gravitational force which attracts,
- The charge of repulsion is considered to always overcome the force of attraction,
- Hot fusion tries to force the disc shaped protons through the slots with brute force but in doing so causes so much agitated movement in the protons, that alignment with a free slot is rarely established, successfully. I propose that the disc shaped protons receive too much energy and actually collide and obstruct the free-flow through the nucleus when an occasional proton is in perfect alignment.
- On the other hand – I propose that under circumstances of low energy being imparted into the free Hydrogen Protons, we have a moderate potential difference from outside to inside the nucleus. The free protons outside will still need to align perfectly with the slot in the nucleus, to pass through; but once a steady flow is established they then create a wake behind them, which tends to drag in and align further protons in a gentle procession. Once this flow has been established and the electrical power is removed; the flow of protons becomes smoother (no alignment interference from the electrical heater, caused by induced electro-motive force). This would explain the thermal runaway in self-sustain mode and why triggering the electric heater slows the reaction by causing collisions of the previously smooth flow of protons.
- I propose that this is also true for Deuterium and also why high pressure, gradual loading of these gases into a Nickel or Palladium lattice will have occasional, positive outcome.
Regards to all and Best Wishes