Many thanks to E-Cat World Reader Adrian Hodson for sending this response to my article “Why LENR Will be Embraced” which was published on July 8th.
We all hope on this forum that LENR and the commercial e-cats are real and that they will trigger decent living for all humanity and a more peaceful world. However, in going about our daily lives, we may lose focus on the worlds most pressing problem: nuclear weapons.
- The West has effectively failed to peacefully resolve the “conflict” with Iran.
- The situation in the Middle East is a tinderbox.
- Iran is Surrounded by US Troops in 10 countries.
- Iranian Defense Minister Brigadier General Ahmad Vahidi said that the Islamic Republic has up to 150,000 missiles pointed at Israel.
- The likelihood of a war with Iran this year is probably greater than 50%
- The Iran War Dial: a high-profile panel of experts from the policy world, academia, and journalism to periodically predict the odds of conflict. Their most recent estimate of the odds of war with Iran within the next year is 36 %
- The likelihood that nuclear weapons will be used is almost certain. All it would take would be a murderous attack in the narrow Straits of Hormuz, or a missile attack on Israel, of which there are 150 000 available.
- The US believes it has nuclear supremacy. Keir A. Lieber and Daryl G. Press wrote in Foreign Affairs in 2006, “Today, for the first time in almost 50 years, the United States stands on the verge of attaining nuclear primacy. It will probably soon be possible for the United States to destroy the long-range nuclear arsenals of Russia or China with a first strike.”
- The US never renounced first use of nuclear weapons.
- The US president has agreed on using nuclear weapons on Iran. President Obama has said “that he was carving out an exception for ‘outliers like Iran and North Korea’ that have violated or renounced the main treaty to halt nuclear proliferation. “
- NATO promoted the first use of nuclear weapons in a report entitled “Towards a Grand Strategy for an Uncertain World: Renewing Transatlantic Partnership” Quote: “The first use of nuclear weapons must remain in the quiver of escalation as the ultimate instrument to prevent the use of weapons of mass destruction” (p. 94) .
- Once nuclear weapons have been used in the Middle East, global nuclear war is highly likely.
- Ukrainian arms dealers smuggled 18 nuclear-capable cruise missiles to Iran and China in 1999-2001
- It is alleged that if Israel was ever devastated by any kind of war or attack it would retaliate in indiscriminate “Samson Option” attacks against not just on Muslim cities, but against European and even Russian targets.
- Human behavior is completely unpredictable in the face of existential threats.
Clearly, global nuclear war is a reason why LENR might not be embraced.
One possible way of preventing this apocalypse would be if the Iranians were to receive a public demonstration of LENR as an energy source. The above scenario then falls apart because the Iranians could not claim they need Uranium based nuclear energy.
Both the notable commercial LENR developers, Leonardo and Defkalion have expressed humanitarian reasons for developing their technology. I therefore call upon them to publicly demonstrate their devices in Iran, or at least address the Iranians when they publish news of their commercial developments. This is urgent. Tinkering with marketing schemes and refining prototypes are insignificant compared to what could happen in the coming months.